Olie Kolzig on DC101
Some quotes from an interview with the Elliott in the morning show on DC101.
On George McPhee:
- "It's a tough one. Gary Bettman is known for big suspensions, remember Dale
Hunter, and he wants to set a precedent."
- "There's a big sense of pride."
- "The team has a positive attitude. We already had a great month of hockey
and this is just the icing on the cake."
- "There are lots of guys who play the game that don't get involved like he
On Chicago's performance in Columbus (9/27/99):
- "They sent in the goon squad from the minors."
- "You could've taken clips for the next 'Slapshot' (movie) - it was a total
- "If Si had played it may not have gotten out of hand. You see him skating
and his hair flowing..."
On Brett Haber's absence at Piney Orchard:
- "I'd like to see you (Haber) out there."
- "DC United (was hot) last year, and the Skins are doing pretty well this
year, so that must be what you're doing."
- "Seeing as I haven't seen Brett all fall or all last year, I know he can
help out (with their charity)."
Elliot and Olie are teaming up for a charity for Children's Hospital. For
every save Olie makes, he will donate $1. For every shutout, he'll donate
$100. And for every win, he'll donate $50. He'd like to get corporations
involved to match his donations. Elliot has already signed on to help out,
as well as Ted Leonsis.